PR Manager (remote)
Founded in 2012, Bitfinex is a digital asset trading platform offering state-of-the-art services for digital currency traders and global liquidity providers. We're on a mission to create the most innovative cryptocurrencies exchange. This is a unique opportunity, a rare window of time at the tipping point of the financial evolution. Much like the early days of the internet, blockchain technology faces complex new challenges and having the best team plays a pivotal role in success.
Our team is fully remote and globally distributed to capture the best talent from around the world. So far our company has grown fast and stayed lean to secure its place as a leader in the space.
If you get excited about being in an industry that is breaking new ground and have confidence you can conquer the most challenging feats we'll encounter, we want to talk to you. Join us, and help lay the foundation for a decentralized future.
Currently looking for:
PR Manager (Remote)
- Develop and lead both proactive and reactive strategic public relations campaigns to shape public opinion to benefit Bitfinex and the crypto and blockchain space in general.
- Engage directly and build relationships with the crypto and blockchain communities, policymakers, key influencers, and others to develop the interests of Bitfinex and the community as a whole.
- Act as the point of contact for PR agencies we retain and coordinate their efforts
- Develop our media relations strategy and secure regular placements in top tier media outlets.
- Craft press briefing docs, press packs and develop and pitch stories to earn top tier consumer, trade and business coverage.
- Conduct media training and prep key spokespeople.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis.
- 3-5 years in a public relations role, ideally in a public affairs agency and/or working on a communications or public relations team in-house.
- Ideally experience in Finance, Media, Journalism or Technology.
- Proven track record of managing PR agencies and large budget global campaigns.
- Proven ability to build relationships with top tier media outlets and delivering earned media content through these connections.
- Execution of cross-functional crisis/reputation management campaigns.
- Experience advising teams and senior executives on policy matters.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills; a confident communicator and presenter (only applications in English will be accepted)
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills and the ability to collaborate across functions.
- A sound understanding of media needs and media relationships.