Product Manager - Retail (Remote)
Founded in 2012, Bitfinex is a digital asset trading platform offering state-of-the-art services for digital currency traders and global liquidity providers. We're on a mission to create the most innovative cryptocurrencies exchange. This is a unique opportunity, a rare window of time at the tipping point of the financial evolution. Much like the early days of the internet, blockchain technology faces complex new challenges and having the best team plays a pivotal role in success.
Our team is fully remote and globally distributed to capture the best talent from around the world. So far our company has grown fast and stayed lean to secure its place as a leader in the space.
If you get excited about being in an industry that is breaking new ground and have confidence you can conquer the most challenging feats we'll encounter, we want to talk to you. Join us, and help lay the foundation for a decentralized future
Currently looking for:
Product Manager - Retail (Remote)
As a Product Manager in the Product team, you will work with fellow project, program and product managers and with members of the engineering, design, marketing and legal teams to formulate and execute our business and product strategies across the various Bitfinex products and services.
You will focus on our customers, the market, our competitors and the wider cryptocurrency and blockchain industry as a whole, and collaborate with world-class engineering, marketing, legal and design teams to develop industry-leading technologies that deliver on the companies high level business goals. Specifically you will:
- Understand Bitfinex’s retail market, competition, and retail investor requirements in-depth to develop and deliver products that are recognized as the best in the industry.
- Contribute to the development of product and business strategy for the product team and the business as a whole.
- Research, understand and analyze customer needs and expectations.
- Liaise with the marketing and legal teams to increase awareness of new product and services and lead product launches.
- Develop industry partnerships and expand our ecosystem of products and services.
- Review and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- Own and optimize P&L and adoption KPIs for the business.
- Manage budgets and reporting on resource and fund allocation.
- 2+ years of product management, product marketing or product design experience developing financial products for retail investors.
- Experience collaborating on strategic product roadmaps; leading development from conception to launch; and working with cross-functional teams to develop consumer-facing products for international markets.
- BA/MA degree in business, marketing, design, human interaction design, computer science or equivalent working experience.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, be a true team-player, influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority, and effectively time-manage and prioritize under pressure.
- Strong UX skills, and an ability to develop simple, intuitive solutions to complex problems.
- Deep analytical, prioritization and problem solving skills, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Demonstrated passion for cryptocurrency and the financial markets.
- Ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans.
- An entrepreneurial self-starter mindset and the ability to succeed in a dynamic environment.
Additional preferred qualifications
- Experience developing financial products, technologies and platforms in the cryptocurrency space.
- Experience developing products for retail investors, e.g. mobile wallets, social trading, online brokerages, etc.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing.